Saturday, June 12, 2010

Time to Eat Some Crow

It is time for me to eat some crow, hard to imagine a 61 year old guy can make a mistake, but I did.

In an earlier post on the Big 12 I said with Colorado bolting tot he PAC 10 that would be the death knell for Boise State's chances of being invited to the MWC. I gave some insight as to why the Broncos would be left behind, like how the MWC would be seeking lower tier teams from the Big 12 as it disintegrates.

Yesterday I was shown how little I know, Boise State was offered and accepted an invite to join the Mountain West Conference in 2011. This is a big move for Boise State and one that as a die hard Bronco Fan I hope proves successful for Boise.

As expected yesterday the Nebraska Corn Huskers have bolted to the Big 10 giving that conference 12 members.

I hate to see the Big 12 become a ghost and don't pretend to understand what happened. The conference had college football blue bloods in it with the likes of Nebraska and Oklahoma, who is expected to jump to the PAC 10. The members were certainly cash rich and have healthy Alum support, so what happened there, I have no clue.

The one thing I do know the college football landscape is changing, changing at a pace that is to quick for this old guy. Heck I still miss roll your own windows in my car and have yet to figure out IPODs and all the other new tech gadgets. Change can be good and the changes in college sports might be just what the doctor ordered. Really what do I know, eat prunes, stay regular and try to work out.

Football Coaching Videos - Scoretouchdowns.com

Football Training Equipment - Scoretouchdowns.com

No comments: