Saturday, May 16, 2009

Coach Pete A Class Act

Boise States football coach continues to exhibit the kind of class I have not seen at Boise State in the 40 plus years I have followed the Broncos. The man just amazes me.

Like all fans I like to brag about my team and the coaches and how good they are. Chris Petersen just makes it so easy.

Boise State is trying to raise an additional 5 million to complete a new College of Business and Economics building. Local chip maker Micron Technologies has donated over $12 million and the school must come up with the remaining $5 million and so far have raised $2 million.

Coach Pete and his wife Barbara have donated $150 thousand of their own money to the project. I have never heard of a coach donating large sums of money back to their university where they work, not saying it has not happened. This is just the first time I have heard of a coach giving back in that fashion.

Now you can see why Boise State fans have a love affair with Coach Pete, he is just cut out of a different bolt of cloth and we Broncos are blessed to have him.

Enough bragging, its nice to share a story of generosity and giving back when most news we read or see today is so negative. Way to go Pete

No comments: