Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Boise State Does It

For those of you that did not see the game, hear about it, read about it, it was a heck of game. I an still a bit hoarse from yelling at my television and the neighbors have agreed to drop the loud noises charges. Just kidding but I could understand if they did think I was yelling maybe a little over the top.

We won the big one on a large national stage, it still blows  me away that we even got there. Forty two years ago we started our first season as a 4 year school and played that season what was considered the biggest game in school history. We played the Idaho State Bengals and won.

Here we are forty two years later and playing Virginia Tech on national television and winning, securing a legitimate run at the National Championship Game.

Got to tell you I was nervous I was'nt sure we were ready for this game, then Boise jumps out to a 17-0 lead in the first quarter, thought we were looking at a blow out.

Then it was Virginia Techs turn and they took the lead. All in all there were 4 lead changes in the game. The final one coming with just over a minute left after Boise scored taking a 3 point lead, making it a 33-30 game. Plenty of time for a team like the Hokies and plenty of time for a QB like Tyrod Taylor, that kid is a stud. He throws darts with deadly accuracy and can run as good as any running back. In fact he was the Hokies leading ground gainer. Boise was able to contain the Hokie running backs.

What to me was the most surprising stat was Boise actually out gained Virginia Tech in the running department. Had anyone told me that would happen I would have wondered what they were smoking and or drinking. As you can imagine the city of Boise like all the radio and television sports is talking about nothing else but the Broncos and what this does to the BCS System.

They have to be tearing their hair out, as of today they have two mid majors in the top 5 both can win out and make a claim to the title game, if they take any BCS team with a 1 loss record over either of those teams I think the BCS and Congress have a showdown and I wont put my money on the BCS.

In fact BCS is so worried they have already taken action to try to eliminate Boise State after last nights victory. In a press conference held early Tuesday morning BCS spokesman Bill Hancock came out and demanded that the State of Idaho provide a birth certificate, yes folks he wants proof we belong. For more on that story use the following link and read the article by Spencer Hall.

No comments: