Monday, November 1, 2010

Randy Moss: Should Minnesota Fire Him?

Today we learned that Minnesota Vikings Coach Childress announced to the team this morning that Randy Moss is a ghost.

According to different ESPN sports shows that showed interviews with Viking players, they have not been able to confirm the story with Childress, the Vikings or Moss`s sports agent.

ESPN said today`s waiver list did not have the troubled wide receivers name on the list.

The question is does Randy Moss deserve to be fired from the Minnesota Vikings? I believe he does and will make my case in this posting.

First of all Moss quit on a play. He did draw the pass interference call but he was in the end zone and the ball fell two feet from him. He just flat quit on his team and the play.

Sadly later on the drive when Moss quit on the play, Brett Favre was hurt and carted off the field. Many are already blaming Moss for the Favre injury. I am not sure I go along with that, a player can be injured on any given play. What he did do was cost his team a touch down that took four more plays to make happen.

Rany Moss conducted one of the most bizarre post game press conferences I have ever seen. He started out saying how was fined $25 K by the NFL for not answering the presses questions and added he answered questions during the week. He then went on to say that he would not answer any more questions the rest of the year. Adding he would conduct his own interviews asking himself his own questions and supplying the answers. So is this combined with the play he quit on enough to terminate his services. In my opinion no, it was what else he said in his interview that as a football fan disturbs me.

Moss went on to praise the Pats, he said how Belichick is one fo the greatest coaches of all time. He continued saying how he loved his former team mates. He added he did not know when he would get back to New England and said how much he missed his former team. Combine that with his refusal to listen to his Minnesota coaches about how the Pats will play the game,to me it makes me wonder if he chose to make that touchdown catch for different reasons.

His press conference came across as a please take me back New England please get me out of here and let me be part of the team I love.I saw it as a complete slap in the face to the Minnesota Vikings and the fans.

When you combine his total lack of effort to help the Vikes beat New England and the post press conference it is time for Moss to be moved out the door. Below are links to videos of the pass he quit on and his post game presser.

Randy Moss
Football Training DVDs & Equipment

No comments: