Saturday, May 14, 2011

Troy Polamalu is a Stud



Troy Polamalu is a stud and ideal role model. During the current players strike Polamalu has walked his talk. Troy has always said and education and degree are more important than athletics. Last Friday at age 30 he took care of unfinished business as he crossed the stage in cap and gown and received his diploma graduating from the University of Southern California. He posted the following thoughts on his website www.troy43.com

"I'm thrilled to announce that on this cool, sunny Friday morning I donned a cap and gown, walked across the stage in the beautiful Alumni Park at University of Southern California, and was handed my diploma. I'm officially a USC graduate! While I feel excited and fulfilled, that's not really what I want to focus on in this message — I want to talk about the reason behind my decision to go back and finish what I started.

The majority of top picks in the NFL get drafted before they complete their college education. I truly love football and it's such an immense blessing and privilege as an athlete to be given the rare opportunity to use those talents at the highest professional level, but it's certainly not a replacement for an education. So I decided to finish what I started and walked that stage today not only because it was very important to me personally, but because I want to emphasize the importance of education, and that nothing should supersede it."

He has also been involved in sponsoring a student of the year program. We read so many stories of athletes being idiots on and off the field, its nice to post a story about an athlete that is grounded and is a great role model for all..........Troy Polamalu you are a stud of the highest degree.

No comments: